Some of the things you can do to ensure that that your response to hepatitis C treatment is good, are as follows:
- Follow your doctor’s advice and instructions on taking your medicine
- Eat well, drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day, and try to get enough sleep
- Do not drink alcohol or use drugs
- Use adequate birth control while on ribavirin treatment, and continue to use it for 6 months after the last dose of ribavirin before trying to conceive a child
- Do all the follow-up investigations as advised by your doctor
- Get regular check-ups done by your doctor
Your doctor will be your best guide before, during, and after treatment and will help you learn about your disease and your treatment. With support from your family, friends and your doctor, you can have a good treatment experience.